We must re-elect Monica Stonier. It's just a matter of voting! Monica is the right person to continue in the job as our representative in Olympia for the 17th LD. Her opponent is a tea party radical with expectations for less government - meaning less middle class!
Creating Jobs and Improving Economy
* Ensure tax relief for small business.
* Create jobs by investing in infrastructure projects and attracting large businesses.
* Educate and update the workforce that will be hired into industries facing high retirement, like the power industry.
* Prioritize efforts to bring larger businesses to Clark County for stable jobs and an investment here in our county.
* Reform small business licensing and taxes so that they can grow, offer full time employment with benefits, and not suffer from expensive and time-consuming start up licensing.
* Work with local government to make sure financing tools reflect our specific needs and resources.
* Increase performance audits of government agencies to eliminate inefficiencies.
* Streamline startup costs and licensing for small business so they can quickly contribute to our economy.
* Review and sunset the corporate tax exemptions that are no longer serving the economic stimulation they were designed to perform.
* Keep school relevant for kids with the arts, music, athletics, clubs, and leadership programs that keep many of our students engaged until they graduate.
* Investigate and eliminate programs that are not directly linked to improving the quality of education.
* Stop the misuse of testing.