Thank you for attending the Clark County Democrats
2016 Convention and LD Caucuses!
Congratulations to the 83 delegates from Clark County elected to move forward to the 3rd CD Caucus on Saturday May 21 at Columbia River High School and the WA Democrats State Convention on June 17-19 in Tacoma, Washington.
Nearly 500 delegates failed to show on Sunday May 1, causing a 4 hour delay while we had to seat alternates and back-fill seats using a case by case methodology to ensure compliance with state rules. Due to venue restrictions and costs, we were forced to postpone the consideration of Resolutions submitted on the March 26 precinct caucuses. We will consider these resolutions at our Clark County Democrats May meeting at 7pm, Monday May 9, 2016 at the Labor Hall, 2212 NE Andresen, Vancouver. (across from Winco Store)
Please review the following before deciding on attending the May 9th meeting:
- This is the Clark County Democrats general meeting for May 2016, not a special meeting. There were no other venues available at such a late notice we could afford to secure. Space is limited. There will be a "standing room only" area set in the back parking area with a speaker. ADA availability is very limited. We ask you to give seating consideration to our older members considering the likelihood of a very warm night. This labor hall is NOT air conditioned. DO NOT ARRIVE EARLIER THAN 630pm - THIS VENUE IS A PLACE OF BUSINESS WITH WORKING HOURS TO 6pm - PLEASE RESPECT THEIR ABILITY TO CONDUCT THEIR BUSINESS WITHOUTDISRUPTION.
- The same rules apply for consideration of these resolutions as at the convention. PLEASE REVIEW THESE RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE DECIDING TO ATTEND.
- All resolutions will be presented as a "Consent Calendar" for approval/rejection of all resolutions at once. After this happens, there will be a chance to "pull" a specific resolution for individual consideration. The remaining resolutions will then be considered with one vote for approval or rejection of all.
- Pulled resolutions will be considered one by one. ONLY TWO PEOPLE will be allotted one minute each in SUPPORT and TWO PEOPLE allotted one minute each AGAINST the resolution. Speakers will be picked at random. To prevent running over, speaking times will be strictly enforced.
- After both sets of speakers are finished, the resolution will be immediately passed/rejected on a voice vote.
- RESOLUTIONS ARE NOT AMENDABLE. They are presented as-is.
- PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE EARLIER THAN 6:30 PM. Doors open at 6:45 PM.
- WE HAVE A LIMITED NUMBER OF PRINTED COPIES OF RESOLUTIONS AVAILABLE. If you don't have your convention booklet, please download and print the resolutions before coming to the meeting (click on link below!)
There is a simple process to present resolutions year-round for the Clark County Democrats or any of the Legislative Districts to consider. If you can't attend our May meeting to consider this set of resolutions, there are opportunities to present and consider resolutions all year round.